Monday, April 11, 2011

Meatballs

Just feeling like sharing a recipe--I think I'm going to try and do this more often.  This is a middle eastern twist on meatballs.  Easy and delicious.  The trick is finding bulgar wheat as a binder which adds whole grain and a nice nutty crunch.  I love lamb and I used ground lamb in this instead of beef or pork.  I served them with baba ganoush and sauteed veggies.  They would also taste great in pitas or in pasta.



 
Lamb Meatballs
 
1lb ground lamb
1 cup cooked bulgar wheat*
2 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped dill
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp pine nuts chopped
salt to taste
 
Preheat oven to 400.  Mix all ingredients together with hands until combined.  Take about 1-2 tablespoons filling, roll into balls and place on foiled baking sheets.  Bake until golden brown and cooked all the way through, about 15 minutes. 
 
*To cook bulgar wheat bring 1/2 cup wheat and 1 cup salted water to boil, reduce to low and cook for approximately 20 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you constantly. I love you tiger. Please see comment I just posted below.

    The beef, onion soup mix, and beer recipe started out as meatballs. comfort food.

    Love ya tiger,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete