Sunday, July 18, 2010

COOKIES!




Not much to say this week.  Still working, still surviving.  The highlight of my week was some delicious, crunchy, sweet, chocolaty, nutty, tangy cookies I stockpiled with unusual ingredients such as malt balls, malt powder, graham flour and pretzels.  I brought them to work to seduce the nurses to correct all of my poorly placed orders.  Seemingly it worked. 

Elizabeth’s slightly unusual but unusually good cookies

½ lb malt balls (such as Whopper’s)
1 to 1 ½ cup sourdough pretzel pieces
¾ cup butter (a stick and a half)
½ cup peanut butter
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup malt powder
3/4 cup graham flour (or whole wheat flour)
½ cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup all purpose flour



Preheat oven to 350.  In food processor, pulse pretzels and malt balls until bite sized.  Alternatively, place in large ziplock bag and pound with rolling pin until bite sized.  In medium bowl, combine malt, graham flour, oats, baking soda, salt and flour.  Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars until fluffy with mixer.  Add eggs and vanilla, stir to combine.  Stir in flour until well combined, then add pretzels and malt balls.  Using tablespoons, drop onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake until barely brown (8-9 minutes).  Cookies burn on bottom quickly so take em out fast!

Cool and enjoy.  

4 comments:

  1. OK, we try these this week. One more trip to the gym be on your head, lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I think I'm going to have to make these. I am shaking a fist at you as I say this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... Those sound amazing! And I'm only missing the pretzels and the malt powder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mail me some. Love ya tiger, Mom

    ReplyDelete